Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Time of Graditude


Since I am flying home today, we had our Thanksgiving feast yesterday. Yes, the food is something we look forward to each year, however I have so many many things to be grateful for.
Just thinking back on this amazing year of time spend with my sweetheart away, as well as with family it has helped me to focus on how blessed I am.
I have been able to enjoy time with each one of the children at various times, though they all live far away. What a miracle it is to have transportation that can allow you to go from one side of the world, to the other in a matter of a couple of days.
I feel so blessed to live in this country, and for all the many that are willing to fight to keep that freedom, sometimes we may feel like that is our right, however it is a privileged that I really want to be preserved.
I'm grateful for the opportunity I have had to attend various meetings to build, and uplift my spirits that help to deal with the challenges of life.
I'm grateful for my Savior who loves us all so very much that he died for me, as he did for each of us so that we may return to live with him someday.
What a beautiful world we live in. I hope and pray that all will reflect on what marvels are all around us, and go out of your way to lift and help someone that is struggling to stand on their own.
Make this Thanksgiving a year of reflection, a year of Gratitude, of year of Giving Back. Learn to recognize the many blessings all around us, then get down on your knees more often to give thanks to him who has given all to us.
Have a "Happy, Grateful Thanksgiving!"

No comments: