Sunday, January 13, 2008

A new chapter

Yes its a new chapter in our lives as all the kids go back home and set out with new ideals ahead of them.
Tony and I were able to get all of the Christmas things down and put away this weekend, thus getting the house cleaned, dusted, vacuumed and looking back to normal. Though it is a difficult time of transition for me since I love the decorations, I also love order.
I also spent time of reflection from the past month with business of family, which makes me smile. What wonderful thoughts and memories they have created for me, but those that will forever be instilled in my mind are the simple acts of appreciation they showed to me by appearing at my work with a bouquet of flowers, and notes attached. Not all were able to make it, but I truly felt the love from each of the kids. A simple pick me up that I needed in my meltdown moment.
As you can see that even after two weeks, the flowers are still brightening my days.
I must say there is no greater joy than being a parent, but as the children marry, and have children of there own, the joy is amazing. How very grateful I am that each are well on the road of accomplishing set goals and adventures in there lives. The Lord continues to bless us all.

1 comment:

"THE NESS NEST" said...

Ahh How sweet...What good kids you have :) Love You, Shel
PS Check out your little sister's Blog. I've been learning a lot and adding to it!